Saturday, April 16, 2011

Castles and Cobblestone Corners

Hello all! Excuse the cheesy title; Prague is just so beautiful, I'm afraid it's had a dramatic effect on the exposure of my artsy side. In fact, I think it's something in the air. The air is so clear and clean; I know that I feel I have more energy from breathing the beautiful air. Patrick Pfeifer observed today that when looking out over the city from atop the hill, there was only one smokestack in 360 degrees. Of course the elevations and warm sun work their magic as well, but overall we had a beautiful day.

Wakeup was at 7:30 (not bad!) and breakfast was delicious-the food of the Czech Republic is gorgeous, and is focused mostly on quality, not quantity. Fresh fruit, pastries, coffee from what seemed like a futuristic alien steam spout, bacon, baked beans, and corn with carrots were served along with apple and orange juice. From there we traveled by bus with our wonderful Czech expert guide Caroll (short for Charles) to the Dvorak and Smetana composer museums, which were extremely eye opening. I know I learned a lot, and judging by the excited reactions of my fellow tourers, I'm sure they all did too.(Though that might have been because one of the museums had a cat roaming around, but I'm not sure...) :)

After the museums, we ventured to the Old Town Square where vendors crowd the beautiful cobblestone streets, selling pretzels dipped in sugar, hand painted blown eggs, candy and gorgeous jewelry. In Old Town Square, there is a majestic church that we performed in-but I'll leave the details for another happy tour student to post about.

Everyone is safe and happy and all smiles-I'm having the time of my life with some of the greatest people. Hi Mum! I love you!

Cheers!
-Katie Bentley

4 comments:

  1. well written blog Katie Bentley! Bravo!
    Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How wonderful to read the description through your eyes, Katie. I have enjoyed the numerous Facebook posts from travelers--all have one thing in common: "I don't want to come home"

    :)
    Lori Ahrenhoerster

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND IT IS SNOWING HERE IN WFB!!!! I KID U NOT!!!
    ENJOY the evening streets of Prague!
    Love, the O'Connors

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to hear who wonderful your experience is, so very well written, Have a blast and know we are all so excited to read what you have written.

    Love,

    The Chmiels

    ReplyDelete